Often conducted in line with LOLER, API, British Standards and other Client, Operator and/or regionally specific requirements, surveys can cover all manner of fixed and loose lifting equipment, for example:
- Loose lifting equipment, e.g slings, shackles, chain blocks, etc.
- Fixed lifting equipment, e.g. padeyes, beams and other fixed lifting items
- CCU’s, e.g. baskets, skips, gas racks, lifting frames
- Winches and jibs, including various man-riding equipment
- BOP handling systems
- Lifeboat and liferaft davits
- Safety equipment, e.g. safety harnesses, ladder safety systems, fall arrestors and similar
Inspectors can conduct a range of NDT and load testing to support inspections, as well as assisting in rectification through OES’ “We Find It, We Fix It” programme.