We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Business Development Manager -Europe and West Africa.
Location: Aberdeen, UK with national & international travel.
- Understands market and customer drivers, prioritize opportunities and ensure sufficient customer account coverage.
- Identifies new business opportunities and/or new customers and ensure they are aligned with the group’s overall Sales strategy so that they are empowered to execute and develop the target opportunities.
- Be self-sufficient, plan, prepare and execute sales trips within the Europe and West Africa region to visit/maintain existing clients, source new clients and expand business.
- Develops and strengthens internal and external relationships that will lead to increased lead generation and market share.
- Regularly reviews and validates own opportunity pipeline, ensure adequate follow up for meeting/exceeding revenue and/or SOI targets.
- Ensures tender/RFQ review/ Sales Enquiry and Sales Quotation processes are understood and followed as per DOA.
- Prequalify with clients to aid business development and prepare relevant pre-qualification response documents.
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of the key competitor’s development in the market and ensures SWOT analysis and leading board are current, and communicates to relevant stakeholders as required.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities between business divisions and/or sub-divisions (i.e OES-DSL and vice versa), and drives sales improvement through structured approached in training and sales materials in collaboration with the OFS BD team members.
- Collaborates with the OFS BD team members to develop and execute sales strategies and plans for the Renewables and Industrial key opportunities in the region which includes but not limited to FPSO, fixed Platforms, and Crane markets.
- Participates in Regional S&OP Meetings, to keep operational teams up to date on Sales/ BD activities to aid in job planning and allocation of resources.
- Participates and contributes to the development of revenue/SOI budgets and forecasts.
- Generate weekly report in the prescribed format by COB Friday to be shared with OFS BD Team.
- Ensures system of record for customer relationship management is up to date with all customer and opportunity related information, data, contacts, meetings, and correspondence.
- Supports PO and customer receivables process as needed.
- Maintains reasonable commercial and technical understanding of company products and services portfolio, helping to identify own gaps in knowledge and training and work with management to create a plan to develop.
- Prepare quotations and proposals as required, following internal processes and DOA.
- Maintains personal sales plan for review with Line manager once per quarter.
- Attend events (e.g. trade shows) and actively participate in local technical meetings.
- Proven track record in sales, ideally in a similar industry. Minimum 3 years (Required)
- Good general knowledge of the offshore oil industry who is also familiar with the shipyards in the region.
- Proactive, Flexible to support outside office hours and results driven
- Strong technical background in a similar, or identical, industry
- Strong sales experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills, especially in MS applications and the ability to prepare detailed documents, quotations and tender responses
- Self-motivated and continually challenges themselves
- Strong planning and time management skills
Please forward your CV, certificate copies, notice period and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and state that you are applying for Business Development Manager – Europe and West Africa role in the subject line.